Sunday, December 5, 2010

Republic of Ice

There's been so much ice, well, it used to be snow but it's now compacted by thousands of footprints into deadly treacherous ice. I've already slipped once and I hardly ever slip.

It comes at a really bad time too because I'm trying to get into airsoft but the ice seems to have effectively shut the hobby down entirely. Twice now I've turned up with my friend to locations hoping to get a game or two in only to find them completely deserted. What a pain.

Still, it's got me out of the apartment and onto the freezing streets. I'm unsure whether or not that's been a good thing.

My trips to Boot Camp outdoor training has been affected too of course. The last two sessions have been spent trudging through ankle high snow and freezing various extremities to the core. I'm keeping it up though, surprising even myself.

I even managed to squeeze a few hours of writing out of myself last week, some of my pain overriding techniques from boot camp are coming in handy in other areas of my life. All I have to do is fall into that zone where you are completely focused on the task at hand, sometimes it works anyway.

And now I will have my new discovery for dinner, Tesco chilli bean soup with a load of tofu in it. Stay warm everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment