Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Non-Entertaining Update

An update on my writing efforts, finally I have started to realign myself with my novel goals and have left a few short stories to stew for a while, unfinished.

I have rewritten my query letter for Redmond, again. You can have a look at it here. Any feedback is very welcome.

I've gone for a more "sales document" approach and incorporated some of the CV writing skills I have developed during my current job seeking.

I have also written another novel opening, it's fiction and its got an interesting protagonist so I'll just have to see how that goes. I probably won't take the plunge until Tower is complete. It will have to wait along with Whitespace, another fiction concept that I developed.


And Tower proceeds nicely, I have all my main characters in place and things are picking up pace. I am about to enter that phase of a book where you are done awkwardly navigating a reef and find yourself out at open sea. Some favorable winds and it will be done before I know it. It's a more personal work than Redmond and I'm definitely finding it therapeutic. Tower is going to either be my masterpiece or my great folly but I think I'm going to be proud of it either way.

And that's how things stand at the moment. Still getting a steady trickle of rejection letters, still writing and most of all, still waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment