Tuesday, July 16, 2013

My Kingdom for a Cheese Roll



I've been neglecting the writing lately, my latest project kind of collapsed in on itself.  I had spent a good deal of time developing each character and on finally sitting down to start the narrative itself I found that there just wasn't much to write.  This goal of mine to build realistic, people based story lines proves really difficult.  People sitting down in the room is just of very limited interest, something has to be going on.

Not only that but the core of my story, an artist whose work would reflect the goings on between the main character just does not provide wordcount.  I can only describe a painting for so long I found before it's time to move on.

I've been criticized before for writing with too much pace, never giving the reader a chance to settle themselves into a particular scene and I acknowledge that and attribute it to my own reading habits.  I like to be propelled through a story, I like to wonder where I'll be taken next and all of my favorite books achieve that in one way or another.

I will rework my current project and then reboot it soon.  Until then, I've redesigned the cover of Moderately Adventurous which you can see above.  I also set up this weekend as a free period to see if the new art can attract a few sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment