Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dragons both Soar and Fall


I played a very interesting game online this week, it was called choice of the Dragon. You are provided with various dragon like scenarios and make a choice, based on these your develop some stats. It was fun, try it out here.

I found the game interesting so I had a look around the creator's website, this eventually lead me to this blog post. In summation it's just some tactics of overcoming the main obstacle to creating anything on your own, your own mood. I feel like that now, I sit at my desk here with a whole free day to spend on whatever I like. The greatest impulse is just to go back to bed and sleep the day away.

These are the moments I work hard for, moments where I can work on my ideas but in the end I suppose I feel they have had their time. I know I need to change tactics but I don't know exactly what to do. I thought of going to sit outside a cafe to do some writing and I suppose that could work but if I could write there then why not here.

Well, there is no easy answer. But I'll tell you this much, when I first started writing I had no problems and that was because there was somebody in my life who was always to read more of my work. Every word I wrote I wrote for that person and it all was very easy. Now I'm writing for nobody and I think that's the problem.

I read it somewhere, it was in the context of the marketing of the Guitar Hero games but I suppose it's relevant here. You can have something great that will gain an audience but the opposite doesn't work. You can't create something with the aim of winning a fanbase.

I miss my audience but maybe its time to let go of writing for now. I don't know why I'm doing it any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment