Sunday, February 28, 2010

I'm 24 next month

Ah, the constant ticking of time. The common enemy of all men and all that. I hate birthdays because they always force me to think about what I've actually achieved, whether or not I'm still on track to achieve something with my life. Of course it's all rubbish.

It's just another year, just like the ones before it, but better. Things have improved for me over the years and they will continue to do so. It won't happen overnight in a bang or a flash, it won't creep up on me like that, no, I'll see it coming. As for now I feel I am on the right track, I haven't hit it big or really got any of my major goals but hell, worrying about it won't make a smidgen of difference.

I've learned a lot this year, there were a few harsh lessons but at the same time, one or two stolen victory's. All in all it's hard to complain about. On March the 12th I'll turn 24. I'll have left a few friends behind, a few old places and past times.

I'll have left behind a lot but I know there will be lot more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment