Friday, October 9, 2009

Some Incidental Advice

There was some advice on that slip which I've been thinking about over the past few days. It recommended that instead of using the standard query letter and synopsis that you just write out the blurb. (The bit written at the back of a book that encourages you to buy it by making the story seem exciting and interesting.)

Write out the blurb and stick some sample chapters on the end. Bada bing bada boom, right? It certainly makes sense to me, it does seem like a better approach in the Fantasy genre and it would be good practice for me so I think I might give it a go. Of course if you have been following my blog my previous incarnation of my query was essentially just this I didn't really go all the way.

Perhaps it will be different now that I am less personally invested in my first novel and will be able to perceive it more objectively. Well, we will see. I'll stick whatever it is I end up with on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment