Wednesday, October 7, 2009

How is the writing thing anyway?

Well, I received another rejection slip in the mail today and that kind of reminded me of something. This blog is supposed to be about my journey to writerdom.

Okay, well, first of all, yes I am still writing. It usually takes the form of an hour or two every morning and a good amount of sitting around in a catatonic state pondering what the hell is going to happen next in the plot. I'm happy to be back in novel mode but hell is it harder. Sure, even if I do have a good idea does it fit into the storyline? Will it pull things in a direction I don't want to go in. Well, yeah, there's definitely more things to consider but yes, it is a lot of fun too.

I do wish I was doing more but I supposed I am still in a bit of personal turmoil but that looks like it's going to be a permanent fixture in my life so I'm going to have to figure out how to work with it sooner or later I guess.

I'm heading up to Dublin soon and will prepare another wave of query letters for my previous novel. This is the game we are playing, still. Keep firing until the guns glow red!

No comments:

Post a Comment