Monday, August 10, 2009

Another Post

Well, it's been a long bloggy road, that's for sure. There's been thrills, spills and a complete lack of success all round but who am I to complain.

I saw a documentary on a website (www.cinemassacre.com), it chronicled a movie makers history of making movies. I really felt the love he had for it, the addiction he experienced in the process of producing movies. The thing that struck me was how bad his old stuff seemed. It didn't reflect his current talent at all.

It occurs to me that we all begin with this picture in our heads about how something must be. Whether it's a book or a film or a short story we can only hope to meet what we expect from it, what we already see made in our minds. In that documentary I saw a journey from where he was to where he wanted to be. And that process was one of just doing what he loves, learning, growing and yes, I believe he got there in the end.

It was a journey of learning how to produce something, translating what was in his mind to the screen. And that is something I am learning too, how to translate ideas into books. I don't really want to think of my older stuff as bad, but maybe in the grand scheme of things it is. I just have to keep learning and growing, and to keep my mind on why I am doing it. One day everything I see in my mind will be made real, the books I imagine people reading will exist and then, well. Hopefully I'll be published by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment