Friday, May 22, 2009

Good to be Home

I travelled back to Navan for the weekend. It's amazing how different it is back here compared to Dublin. My way back home from the bus stop was surrounded by open blue sky and green fields. The idyllic bliss was interrupted only when another car barged through, forcing me to the side of the road.

I found it really soothing and I felt the stress that had built over up over the weeks wash away gradually, attacking weeds with a stick and waving to random farmers.

So I might make that the subject of a short story or something, if I'm feeling brave. It did seem like an experience worth recording or expressing.

In writing news I received another rejection letter from an agency this week which was a bit of a pain. Though I find I mind less every time I receive a rejection, I suppose it's just part of the game.

It was another pre-printed card (though it did have an apology for it being a pre-printed card printed on it.) The impersonal side of it is kind of unpleasant. Maybe I'll be lucky enough some day to receive an actual personalised rejection.

But it's good to be home and once I've recharged my batteries I'll be back at it harder then ever.

1 comment: